From: Thursday, September 19, 2017
To: Thursday, September 19, 2017
The global surgical period is a complex array of rules, regulations, bundles, and do-not-report policies for medical practice staff. Put your questions to rest with a comprehensive training session that will cover E/M coding, modifiers, code bundles, same-day decision-making, pre-surgical visits, and much more. Don’t lose out on billable services because of a few complicated rules.
Join expert speaker Betsy Nicoletti, CPC, as she teaches participants how to avoid revenue loss by correctly coding office visits and procedures during the global surgical package. She will show attendees how to accurately report E/M modifiers and surgical modifiers to get their claims through and explain how surgical periods affect claims reporting. Nicoletti will also explain how to navigate bundled services and how to ensure work is getting paid for appropriately.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Correctly code office visits and procedures during the global surgical package to avoid revenue loss
- Accurately report E/M modifiers and surgical modifiers to get their claims through
- Navigate bundled services and ensure their work is getting paid for when appropriate
- Understand how surgical periods affect claims reporting
- Breaking down the complex rules that define how to code the complex global surgical period, including preoperative, day-of, and postoperative services
- Enlightening examples that will help you understand how to report services during the global period in day-to-day practice
- Avoiding revenue loss by understanding code bundles and the correct use of modifiers for both E/M and procedural services
- Live Q&A
Who Should Listen?
- Medical practice coders
- Practice administrators
- Compliance staff
A checklist on modifiers -24, -25, and -57.