July 10, 2019
Critical care codes 99291 and 99292 are not your typical E/M services—they require meeting specific, high-intensity reporting elements to get your claims through. In addition to the strict billing rules, critical care codes are now under investigation by Recovery Audit Contractors (RAC), which are assessing bundling issues among provider groups across the nation.
With critical care claims tied to more than $1 billion in revenue in 2017, it’s never been more urgent to keep your claims humming. Expert speaker Betsy Nicoletti, CPC, will present real-life scenarios to demonstrate how practices should code and bill these services, as well as answer participant questions during a live Q&A. Clean up your billing and documentation and get a cure for critical care coding pitfalls with a master review of coding rules and regulations.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Implement key critical care coding know-how to increase successful claim submissions
- Understand which issues RACs are investigating and take appropriate steps to avoid audits
- Know how to bill for critical care services without fear of claim disruptions
- Discern the high-intensity elements that you must reach to successfully report critical care services 99291 and 99292
- Avoid claim denials and steer clear of RAC activity by understanding the full range of bundled services, such as some professional services for x-rays and cardiac tests
- Get real-life scenarios to illustrate how critical care coding works in practice
- Secure the $282 you’re owed per critical care service and keep your revenue flowing
- Live Q&A