There are black, white, and grey areas in E/M auditing. This session focuses on the grey areas with suggestions about setting policies that are consistent, safe, and reasonable.
- Brief review of the Documentation Guidelines
- Discussion of the gray areas including history taken at a previous note and exam
- Cloned notes and EHRs: and OIG risk
- Identify aspects of the Documentation Guidelines that are open to interpretation
- Develop consistent, reliable auditing policies
- Develop a policy for copying from previous EHR notes