This six and a half hour presentation is for managers, coders and physicians, and is presented in person.
Evaluation and Management (E/M) services account for 30% of the revenue paid by Medicare for all physician services. For many specialties, E/M codes account for 60-70% of total revenue. Maximum reimbursement depends on understanding the rules related to these services. The goal of this one day seminar is to teach these rules with the goal of revenue enhancement and compliance.
These presentations are interactive, hands-on practical sessions: bring your toughest “what if’s” and your most confusing E/M scenarios! All specialties that bill E/M services will find this helpful. The final session of the day is a bonus session for primary care practices on E/M services.
8:30-10:30 – Office Visits
- New and established
- Prolonged services
- Use of modifiers
- Selecting a code
10:45-12 – “Other” E/M services
- Care plan oversight
- Home visits
- Work related or medical disability E/M services
- Independent Medical Exams
- E/M with a procedure
12:00-1:00 – Lunch
1:00-2:00 Hospital Services
- Inpatient visits
- Critical care
- ED visits
2:00-3:00 – Teaching Physician Rules
- E/M services, procedures, endoscopies
- Primary care exception
- Medical students
3:00-3:15 – Break
3:15-4:30 – Bonus Session for Primary Care Practices: Preventive Care
- Billing for preventive services to Medicare patients
- Split visits
- Welcome to Medicare
- Describe how to select the correct category of E/M service
- Identify the rules related to each category of code
- Demonstrate mastery of the Teaching Physician rules
Can be applied for with 45 days notice.