This one and a half hour presentation is for clinicians, managers, billing and coding staff.
Surgical procedures are paid under the global surgical services rules, which include pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative services in a single payment. This session describes the CPT and CMS rules for the global package. There are some instances in which the physician can be paid for E/M or surgical services within the global period: this session will identify those circumstances and how to submit claims for the service.
- CPT and CMS definition of the global package
- Medicare Physician Fee Schedule indicators and global days
- Use of modifiers for E/M services before and during the global period
- Use of modifiers for surgical services during the global period
- Define the components of the global surgical package
- Identify what services are separately reportable
- Describe how to submit claims, with the correct modifier, for global services and services that can be billed in addition
1.5 AAPC credits