This one hour presentation is for clinical staff, managers, billers and coders, and is presented in person or by audio feed.
Hospital services have higher error and denial rates than office services. Many physicians who are confident about coding in the office express confusion about their charges in the hospital. They find the charge slips confusing. They make mistakes in the category of service and date of service. This conference ends that confusion.
- Initial hospital services: inpatient and observation status
- Documentation requirements for initial services
- How to report services when the patient status changes
- The importance of matching the physician status codes with the hospital status
- Subsequent and discharge services
- Distinguish between inpatient and observation status rules
- Correctly select the level of service
Can be applied for with 45 days notice.