This one hour presentation is for clinicians, managers and coding and billing staff, and is presented in person or by audio feed.
Incident-to services appear on the OIG Work Plan year after year. The stakes are high for the practice in terms of revenue and compliance. Ask around the office, and there is often significant disagreement over the Medicare rules for these services, including in what setting each can be provided. This audio will provide definitive answers about billing for Non-Physician Practitioners incident-to or as shared services.
- Definition of Non-Physician Practitioners, incident to services and shared services
- Importance of place of service
- Nurse visits
- Special rules relating to consults, critical care and new patient visits
- Documentation requirements
- Differentiate between when to bill for the NPPs services under the MD versus the NPP provider number
- Distinguish between incident to shared services rules
Can be applied for with 45 days notice