CCM and TCM are complex services, which may be a reason why practices that could benefit from them don’t try. A 2015 survey found only 22% of practices had a CCM program, and only half of them had successfully submitted a claim. Billing for TCM is up, but CMS keeps adding new rules for it – for example, in 2015 they changed the date-of-service requirements – which providers may find confusing. In fact, some providers are outsourcing their CCM and/or TCM work.
Participants will learn
- The basic MDRs for each service-what you have to do to bill
- Levels of support your practice needs to perform CCM or TCM
- Changes CMS has made to TCM and CCM requirements since they were introduced in 2013 and 2014
- The pros and cons of outsourcing CCM or TCM services
- The most common reasons for denials of claims for both services, and how to avoid them