This one hour presentation is for clinicians, managers and billing and coding staff, and is presented in person or by audio feed.
CMS has specific, detailed rules about billing for a service provided jointly by a resident and an attending physician, under the attending physician’s provider number. This conference will delineate how the attending needs to participate in the care and what the attending needs to document for E/M services, services based on time, minor procedures, endoscopies and major surgeries.
Don’t use these rules? Do you have NP or PA students in your office? This session will also clarify the regulations related to students.
- Review of GME program requirements
- Rules related to E/M services, psychiatry, minor procedures, endoscopy and surgery
- Codes determined by time
- Medical students, Nurse Practitioner students and Physician Assistant students
- Minimally acceptable documentation
- Use of modifiers
- Describe the documentation requirements for each type of surgical and E/M service
- Assess if the documentation is adequate to meet the program requirements for billing under the attending physician’s provider number
Can be applied for with 45 days notice.